Castletown parkrun takes place every Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. and their Event Director, Sharon Ashmore has kindly invited the parents and boys of our school to join them for a ‘children-friendly’ parkrun on Saturday June 9th. We are very excited to have this opportunity which will be our 3rd year to run it as a school community. We look forward to lots of our students participating in this free event alongside their parents/guardians and a few teachers too.
We hope to have lots of our boys (accompanied by a guardian if under 11) at this event. If you wish to take part in this event, please follow these steps:
- Log onto www.parkrun.ie.
- Register EACH member of your family who wishes to run/volunteer.
- Once registered, print out your unique barcodes.
- Bring your barcode with you to Castletown parkrun (you need this barcode to get a time – the event director will explain how the barcode works during the pre-run talk).
- Have a fun-filled, family morning walking, jogging or running around Castletown.
- Visit ‘Castletown parkrun’ Facebook page for up-to-date event information.
If you or your child are unable/prefer not to run/walk this event, it would be great if you could volunteer instead. parkrun is a community-based initiative and its success depends on the support of volunteers. So all support would be greatly appreciated. If you can volunteer, please make sure that you register with parkrun and email email@example.com to express an interest in volunteering.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday 9th June (arrive early to warm-up). Please remember that all children under 11 must be within arms-reach of their parents during the event.